Penhaligon's London was founded in 1870 by William Penhaligon, an enthusiastic alchemist, who started selling exclusive scents to discerning ladies and gentlemen from a barber shop on Jermyn Street. By the end of Queen Victoria's reign (1901), William Penhaligon was 'Barber and Perfumer to the Royal Court' and Penhaligon's London still holds two Royal Warrants (which means they supply British royalty). Penhaligon's stores often seen like a traditional English gentleman's barber shop so are always worth a visit. They stock fine English toiletries, grooming products and colognes. The signature Penhaligon's bottle signifies a genuine classic to their dedicated devotees.